All seven of the children of Frank and Mary Emma Morgan Brown that survived to adulthood are in this fine family picture.
They had two children who were stillborn.
Children of Frank and Mary Emma Brown
1. Lorena Ellen Brown. Born 25 July 1900 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho, and died 22 July 1978 in Rexburg, Madison, Idaho.
She married 14 June 1924 in Shelton to Claxton Edwin Foster, born 11 November 1902 in Salt Lake City, Utah, the son of George
Francis Foster and Margaret Emily Johnson. He died 4 January 1978 in Rigby, Jefferson, Idaho.
Lorena Ellen Brown Foster
2. Harold Edward Brown, born 11 November 1903 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho and died 31 March 1962 in Idaho Falls, Bonneville,
Idaho. He married 6 February 1929 to LaVerda Hurst. She was born 14 September 1907 in Paris, Bear Lake, Idaho, the daughter
of Fredrick Hurst and Deseret Lindsey. She died 7 October 1990 in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Harold Edward Brown
3. Lawrence William Brown, born 1 April 1906 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho and died 30 October 1986 in Rigby, Jefferson, Idaho.
He married Ada Anderson 23 January 1932 in Farmington, Utah. Harold farmed in the Antelope and Ririe area and was a pioneer
in sprinkler irrigation. He later raised purebred beef cattle at Salmon, Idaho and for five years in British Columbia.
4. Lynn Frank Brown, born 3 September 1908 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho and died 9 September 1999 in a car wreck. He married
17 December 1934 to Ina Phyllis Smout, born 6 February 1918 in Mink Creek, Bannock, Idaho, daughter of Edwin Ward Smout and
Ina Josephine Peterson. Ina died 30 July 1979 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho. Lynn married second to Bertha Cooper.
Lynn Frank Brown
5. Velma Sarah Brown, born 28 April 1911 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho, and died 15 May 2002 in Columbia Falls, Flathead,
Montana. She married 15 March 1934 in Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho to Anton Melvern (Mel) Nelson, born 27 November 1904 in Idaho
Falls, Bonneville, Idaho, son of Anton Nelson and Mattie Martin. He died 19 July 1987 in Columbia Falls, Flathead, Montana.
Velma Sarah Brown
6. Karl Morgan Brown, born 1 May 1914 in Shelton, Bonneville, Idaho, and died 11
July 1987 in Idaho Falls, Bonneville, Idaho. He married first 20 July 1934 in Blackfoot, Bingham, Idaho to Mary luella Jensen.
She was born 16 January 1919 and died 25 January 1962. He married second 19 June 1964 to Nellie Ann Ferguson (Ellis). Karl
and Mary Brown are buried in the Shelton, Idaho cemetery.
7. Merle Von Brown, born 13 January 1917 at Shelton, Idaho. He married Zelda Edith Neville, born 25 June 1924 in Idaho, daughter
of James Vivyen Neville and Edith Louisa Hunting. They were married 13 July 1940. Merle lived in the house built in Shelton
by his grandparents Edward and Sarah West Morgan until 2004. Merle Von Brown passed away 8 February 2006 in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
He is buried in the Ririe-Shelton cemetery.
In the picture above, left to right, back row: Velma Nelson, Bertha Brown, Zelda Brown, Ada Brown, Nellie Brown. Front row:
Mel Nelson, Lynn Brown, Merle Brown, Lawrence Brown, Karl Brown.
Lynn, Merle, Lawrence and Karl Brown were all sons of Frank and Mary Emma Morgan Brown. Harold Edward Brown, the other son,
died in 1962 and was deceased when this picture was taken.
Velma Sarah Brown Nelson, back row, left, is a daughter of Frank and Mary Emma Morgan Brown. The other daughter, Lorena Ellen
Brown Foster is not in the picture.